The World at Large

Moving to the US

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rememberence of Fathers Day

It was some time ago, but I clearly recall Fathers Day this year. We went to the Shedd Aquarium, looked at the globes, and continued walking up to Ohio St Beach, where the boys had a swim, and Anne and I cooled our feet in the water. Afterwards, we went back to Navy Pier for lunch, and let the boys play in the nearby fountain (a public fountain specifically designed for playing in - I love these things).

By the time we got home, I was totally wrecked. The boys were happy to do their own thing, and so I lay down on the couch, glad for the rest.

"Are you tired Daddy?", asks Luc.

"Yes Luc."

"You should close your eyes Daddy."

"That sounds like a good idea," I said, and closed my eyes. I felt like I could sleep for a week. What a considerate, empathic, son I had raised.

Suddenly I had a feeling that all was not right with the world. I couldn't pinpoint it, but something just felt wrong. So I opened my eyes....

Just in time to see 18kg of maniacally gleeful 3-year-old in a full swan dive from the end of the couch, about 30cm above me and falling rapidly.

Somehow I caught him... but it was a close call! Surely I didn't do this to my own father?

1 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't bet on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home